Monday, March 2, 2009

Birthday weekend

What a wonderful birthday! Brett surprised me with a night away here....

He also organised for his sister Catherine and her family to come and look after K - our first night away together without him since he was born 26 months ago - and my first ever. Time went so quickly, by the time we had lunch, looked around the shops, had a massage, pre-dinner drinks, dinner then breakfast and time by the pool the next day it was all over. I certainly felt very special and the hotel was spectacular. We didn't take a photo but at night the foyer/bar area was transformed with hundreds of tea lights. A lovely spot during the day too if you wanted high tea or scones...

The room was beautiful....

and a cup of tea tasted extra nice in Versace china....
It was a hard weekend....

but someone had to do it!
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. It was a wonderful weekend and certainly one I will remember and treasure forever.

2 comments:

Susan C said...

Wow lucky you! I've never even stepped inside that place.

nerida said...

Wow! How fantastic! I can vouch for the scones. What a lucky lady you are :)