Thursday, April 30, 2009
I finished these the other day. A top and pair of pants from Ottobre Spring 1/2009. I really like the fit of the pants, I thought they would be too baggy but they are just right. The rib finish at the bottom allows them to be rolled up because they are a bit long at the moment so Kaiden should get heaps of wear out of them. The pockets on the pants are meant to be in different positions (one high, one low) but I forgot until they were both on so that is how they are going to stay. The top is a bit loose and I don't like how I did the rib finish, especially around the bottom. Thanks to some tips from Tigerfilly (a knit expert!) I will do it differently next time so expect better results...I'm still debating whether to chop off the ribbing around the bottom and rehem or just leave it. The grey fleece is from my SIL (free!) and rib and stripy knit ($3.20) is from Lincraft.