Monday, March 1, 2010

Maisie's smockie


I just knew that my cousin Cheryl would have a special little girl join their family - I was really hoping and even started knitting a cute little dress before the due date in anticipation.....luckily I made the three to six months size because I finished it just in time to mail for the three-month mark! My first foray into bigger knits (well bigger than a beanie or short pants) and I mastered even more techniques this time including knitting into a stitch and mattress stitch. My skills are ever expanding! I can't wait to see little Maisie wearing this.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

This is so cute! I'm a terribly slow knitter - I have a jacket that I've been crocheting for Cheriese, but it's only 1/2 done and it's a size 1, so I think it'll end up being a gift for another little girl now. I'm about 1/3 in to a knitted t-shirt for her now - this is a size 2 so I've been trying to do as much as I can in the evenings these past couple of nights.

Kylie said...

It is lovely - I love the bloom for that reason - if it takes you longer it will fit them until they are 4:)