Sunday, June 27, 2010

Make It Perfect Downtown Boy Jacket



Fully reversible boy's jacket, size three. Made using cotton quilting fabric outer and inner with a layer of cotton wading (instead of the recommended pellon) in between. Pattern is the Downtown Boy Jacket with fabric purchased from Sewco. Kaiden, although not really wanting to pose properly for the camera today, loves the jacket, especially the hood. The jacket is very thick and warm (perhaps too much for our Brissie weather!) and has a bit of room to grow into so hopefully will be worn next winter as well before handing down to Jordan. I don't know whether I'd be bothered making it fully reversible (ie sew pockets on the inner layer) next time.

8 comments:

Beetlehouse Designs said...

Fantastic job Susan. Well done. I love it. I bet K does as well.

Liam's Mummy said...

It looks great! I really should get around to making some MIP DTB jackets for my boys.

Hey, my word verification is flaphose. How seriously peculiar is that?

Karen said...

Looks great Susan, I love the cars.
I just finished cutting my MIP Uptown Girl jacket today - with the cotton wadding - think it might be OK here though as it's 5 degrees outside at the moment!

make it perfect said...

Just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing - love your fabric combo too!

Feel free to add to the Make It Perfect Flickr group if you like!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/makeitperfect/

Kylie said...

Oh wow - this looks great - well done - love the colour combo and those cars rock.

皇銘 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
香昱信張君林 said...

來替你打氣,加油A_A..................................................................

佳皓佳皓 said...

很喜歡你的blog哦...加油唷 ..................................................................