Monday, September 27, 2010

Olearia - finally something finished!



This little girl's cardie with the gathered bodice was a relatively quick knit (well three weeks is quick for me). It features a gathered bodice and elbow length sleeves. I used a hand-dyed wool based on Bendigo Wool called "Eleanor Rigby" from Whimsical Wool. I think this pattern would look even nicer in a solid colour but I love still how it turned out. Unfortunately, it isn't staying in this household and will be making it's way to a new home soon. Georgie Hallam who wrote both the Milo and Olearia pattern is certainly a very talented designer and I would certainly recommend this pattern to others as it comes with lots of options - shrug, cardigan - all over gathering and different sleeve lengths. I believe she has boy patterns in the pipeline - I can't wait to see what she will release.

2 comments:

JuleeQue said...

This is totally adorable! I hope you post a picture of the little one modeling it.

Little Munchkins said...

That is so cute! I love it. It's so hard to find lovely cardis and I so wish I could knit!