Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bowling Shirt



Another item which I started last year but didn't finish until the other day - a bowling shirt. The style does remind me a bit of Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men.

It is getting harder and harder to get a 'nice' photo of Kaiden. Why do little boys insist on such a silly grin?



This pattern comes with options for different colour blocks and opportunities for machine embroidery and I may be more adventurous to give this a try next time now I have sewn it once. It is quite a roomy shirt but it does mention in the instructions that you can use a size smaller for a more tailored fit. And the pattern also includes different lengths so it is easy to lengthen if need be. For the first time though, it is a cotton print selected by Kaiden on a visit to Spotlight. Who could resist a special request for fabric?

Fabric: Spotlight, selected by Kaiden
Pattern: Bowling shirt by the Scientific Seamstress

2 comments:

Karen said...

This is really sweet Susan - I love the fabric - your son has great taste!
Don't worry - they all do silly faces - we get really forced hard grins from one of our girls.

Clodagh a.k.a. Isra said...

Hi Susan, I hope you dont mind me following your blog. I just love what you have been sewing for your boys and as I have three I am always looking for inspiration. I purchased the sailor pants a while ago and have not made them yet but after seeing yours I am very inspired.