For a while I have been challenged with the issue of how to store my ever-growing stash of cotton reels. I seemed to have too many to store in containers, impossible to sort by colour and resulting in an overflowing tangled mess as often little fingers would sneak in and have fun unwinding. Consequently, more often than not I'd buy a new reel when I started a new project as I couldn't easily find if I already had it on hand.
So I did a bit of research and asked Brett if he would build me a wall unit to house all of them. So for Christmas my present he built this new cotton storage which now proudly hangs on my wall. Hopefully by seeing what I have I can start to prune it down a bit and fit ALL of them on. And I've put in a request for another one (yes another!) because I have almost the same amount again in machine embroidery thread, all mostly inherited from my Mum who was really into machine embroidery. The space down the bottom I'm using to hang other items like embroidery hoops and scissors (and currently cotton that doesn't fit up the top!).
The next challenge....my pattern drawer. I need to sort it and put into the plastic sleeves and folders that I have on hand. Perhaps when I'm finished my swap items that will be next on the never-ending 'to do' list.