Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A little Olearia


If I haven't told you before, I should have mentioned that every little girl (up to size eight) needs an Olearia in their wardrobe. And while I've knitted this pattern before so should know what I'm doing, this one encountered some problems which were set to test me (and my lovely MIL who sorted out the sleeve issue) and to teach me some lessons along the way (like to never use dental floss to hold stitches). This is destined to be a gift for a little girl, and while it is little late it is a size one and fortunately she isn't quite at that age...yet. This pattern is designed by Georgie Hallam (Tikki) who was also the master creator behind the design of my other recently finished knitted item, the Milo vest. This was another project that I was able to finish while waiting at the hospital (just in case you think I'm at home madly knitting)

No comments: