Friday, July 8, 2011

Olearia #3

In the "in between" I was well-managed enough to finish off this little Olearia for a friend's little girl who is turning one. This time I went for the shorter version which maybe more practical for a crawler and for Brisbane weather. It is in a size 18 months so I hope it is big enough to get some good wear. I must be more skilled in knitting this pattern now as it all went smoothly and was off the needles pretty quickly! Being the shorter version also made it a bit quicker.

It is made using Woolganics which is an Australian organic wool and is so soft, it is like knitting butter!

Note: don't expect to see too much craftiness around here as I've returned to work full-time and currently trying to build up my "work fitness". Bed time is early, knitting in the sunshine while J naps is non-existent and when I do craft I seem to be unpicking due to clumsy, tired induced mistakes. On the positive side, I have a good job with a good team of people (and a fellow knitter/sewer so can distract myself with craft talk) and I can pay off my overlocker! (which ironically is collecting dust).

Olearia

Pattern: Olearia by Georgie Hallam (tikki)
Size: 18 months
Made for: Miss A's first birthday

No comments: