Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Saffron Romper

Saffron Romper

Now this pattern is a little cutie. I'd really recommend checking the sizing though before you cut. This one is a size three and it seems a little on the largish size to me but then again I guess it depends on the child's size. Kaiden still fits into size 3 shorts so I'm used to clothes on the smaller size. The legs on these also seemed a little short so I added some trim to the bottom leg. I'm also used to long, baggy boy pants! And I originally had the little frill on the top but it didn't look right and didn't sit properly when I started to sew the top stitching so off it came! I also didn't like how the elastic casing on the waist was left unfinished but that was an easy fix with my overlocker. This one is destined to be gifted...I think it will be a little while before it gets some wear but it is always better to be on the safe side when it comes to sizing.

No comments: