Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sewing for boys



The boys bought this book for me for Christmas. How thoughtful of them! I'd been eyeing it off for a while.

What I like about this book is that most of the patterns go up to a size eight which still gives me a few year's worth of sewing for both of them. It is also spiral bound which is great for being able to lie the book flat when you are working on a project and need your hands to be free.

The whole spectrum of boy clothes are covered - from pjs to a hat, coats, pants, t-shirts and shorts. In fact, a whole wardrobe just like the cover says.

There is a flickr group for clothing made from the book if you'd like to see more.

I have lots of projects planned to sew for myself first though before I crack open this pattern sheet.

1 comment:

Cas said...

Hi Susan, I saw your comment on Sew It Together & looked you up. I might have to look out for this book. I'm only new to the world of sewing, but seem to do most of it for my girl as there isn't a lot out there for boys. I look forward to reading more :) Cheers