Friday, June 7, 2013

Five pattern ideas for your boy to get 'on-trend'

Following on from my inspiration board in my previous post, I've been searching around for some pattern ideas to help boys get the 'catwalk' look to be on-trend this summer.  I hope this inspires you to get creative for your boy.  

 Catwalk 1

 

Shoulder bag - All the catwalk kids have them. This is a free pattern from Burda.

Bermuda shorts - Solid, striped, patterned, checkered, trimmed, cuffed, flowing, structured, casual and dressy, laying a foundation for the exciting styling possibilities.  Check them out at the catwalks of SS12 Pitti Bimbo

Catwalk 2

Blazer - Needs to be shorter though for 'hip layering and effortless, pulled in look' (again see the Boys Be Cool website). Another Burda pattern available from a sewing store (PS. Spotlight have two for one on patterns at the moment).  

Engineer's cap - Free tutorial to get the Little Workers' look. Check the sizes available.


Skinny jeans - Preferably in pastel, print or a bright colour for a fashionable look. 

Disclaimer: Please check the sizing before purchasing/downloading patterns and I haven't tried any of the above patterns (yet) so I look forward to seeing your creations. 

Now which one should I add to my 'to-do' list?  



No comments: