Saturday, November 3, 2012

Hotshot for Josh

Perfect for the budding chippie! 

P1030767

I was a little bit busy with the knitting needles over winter and finished off a cute little size one Hotshot vest as a present for the latest addition to the neighbourhood.  He was born five weeks early, so it will take him a bit longer than expected to fit into it, but I do like to knit ahead so they can grow into it rather than outgrow it too quickly!

Featuring my own embroidery design

And in case you didn't guess, his Daddy works in the building industry so I embroidered my own design (a hammer and saw) onto the front. In hindsight I wish that I have left more space between the two but I was too far down the track of the embroidery before coming to this conclusion. I also confess that I made a mistake with front neck but I hope that it isn't too obvious.

 P1030769


The yarn is 100pure wool which I haven't knitted with before and I found it nice and soft on the fingers.  It is a great price but the downside is that is not Aussie wool.

Hard to believe that there are now 12 boys aged between two weeks and six years in our immediate street.  We keep saying that there must be something in the water!   

Yarn: 100pure wool (colour: Gentle Knight)
Pattern: Hotshot by The Little Rascals




No comments: