Sunday, January 6, 2013

The crafty year that was...

...was not very crafty. 

In fact, it was the least crafty of the past three years. This is not necessarily a bad thing, just a reflection of life at the moment.

I put this down to two things.

1) Full-time work. I don't need to say anymore about this and is not likely to change in the immediate/short term future.

2) Early morning exercise. PT classes start early. Real early. This combined with work and life leaves me very tired. Sleep takes priority over crafting in my books.

At the end of the day I found it easier to cruise online once the kids were in bed or to sit in the front of the tv and knit.  

On the crafty side, I have enjoyed what I have created. Most have been successful. 

I created 15 items in total  - seven on the sewing machine and eight were knitted. This is about half of my number of projects made the previous year. I didn't finish any quilts and there was no scrapbooking. The scrapbooking is quite a turn around as I was obsessed in the years before Kaiden was born.


I sewed up 23 metres of fabric and knitted up 1.01km of yarn in total.

Seven items were made as gifts, two were for me, and six for the boys.

My favourite creation was the Parafait dress. I need to make another one with a better fit as this one is a tad tight around the waist. 
 Parfait front

I love the little Treasure vest on J.  
P1030524

I have a pile of work in progress items of various descriptions in the cupboard - better get on and start finishing so I can work on building the tally this year! I also need to get working on reducing my stash of fabric and yarn, and I confess that this will not be an easy task. I'm not off to a good start on this since I did go shopping with a friend on the first weekend of the New Year! And I may just be expecting the postie to bring a bundle of hand dyed yarn for winter knitting.

I'm looking forward to an exciting year of projects and improving my skills at sewing for myself. Quality not quantity is my goal.

Have a wonderful 2013 and wishing you loads of inspiration and successful projects. 



No comments: