Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Brownie-Goose Henry Pants

I've been waiting for the right moment to get a modelled photo of K wearing his new pants. But it has been rain, rain, rain here so I'll catch up with this a little down the track, and also when it is not so warm here. There there hasn't been much opportunity to wear long pants (and we have been spending alot of time at home too).

The suspenders won me over for this pattern - The Henry Pants by Brownie-Goose but in the end I left them off.  They aren't really Mr K's style.

 P1030941

The welted pocket though is a LOVE! It was so easy to do and adds a professional-looking touch. Great for the boys.There is a flare down the bottom of the pants but once on it doesn't look so extreme.  All in all these were easy to sew but next time I think I'll add a fake fly to the front. I made the size five but next time I might make a size six and shorten the length. 


 P1030939

There is a pocket down near the bottom hem.
P1030942

The back view
P1030940

I'll be back with other photos showing them in action a little down the track. 

Pattern: Brown-Goose Henry Pants
Fabric: Cotton main, cotton pocket and welt. Both gifted to me by friends. 

No comments: