Wednesday, October 16, 2013

MADE Kid Shorts

Getting back into my sewing vibe, I fashioned these Kid Shorts by Made with the front pocket version with full elastic.

K loves them although there was a bit of a grumble about the pockets being on the front when he had in fact asked for back pockets. This is despite of prior confirmation of front pockets!  He gets in those kind of moods.

They are a perfect fit for his size, being size 7. Normally I make a size 6 but I wanted the extra length. To give you an idea, he turns 7 in December. I topstitched in yellow. 

I love that this pattern goes up to size 10. Most of the pdf patterns only go to size 6 or so. There are a number of variations to this basic pattern (racer shorts, flat front, back pockets) with full instructions on the Made website.

The fabric is retro drill from Spotlight. I will be interested to see how long the colour lasts or fades over time. The fabric itself seems nice and sturdy. I had lovely customer service from the gent behind the counter who cut it for me. We had a long conversation about the lack of prints in stock for boys. There is one thing for sure though, K will stand out in the crowd! I think is it a perfect print for his age and the pockets break up the other print. 

Love, love, love them. I'll include a modelled shot in an upcoming post.

Made Kid Shorts



1 comment:

Emily said...

Love these!