Sunday, November 2, 2014

Style Arc Fay Skirt

The weather beat me before I could take a modelled pic of the Style Arc Fay Skirt. It is now way to hot to wear this being that it is double layered ponte fabric.

I guess I also procrastinated about wearing it to work as Brett said it was not the best shape for me as it highlighted my significant pear shape. I found the way that I should wear it is with a wide belt to emphasise my waist and with a top with flutter sleeves or neckline interest to distract from my bottom half.

Oh well, there is always next winter. Unfortunately the skirt is nothing much to look at without the model. 

It is an easy make although next time I will make the elastic a bit tighter around the waist. This is a size 14 and I graded in slightly at the waist. The ponte fabric was purchased from Lincraft on sale. The skirt would also be nicer in a lighter jersey for the warmer months. The skirt worked out to be $21 in fabric as the ponte is folded over to make the lining and 'bagged out' at the bottom.

This is the skirt pattern the Style Arc designers recommended for pear shapes. You wear it higher on the waist.  This pattern is easy for beginners.




No comments: