Saturday, December 27, 2014

Happy sewing day! - Busy Boys Everyday Shorts by Pattern Emporium

Boxing Day is an opportunity to recover from Christmas day, and for me an opportunity finally to do some sewing (after having spent time in the weeks prior actually tidying up my sewing room so it was workable again).

Boxing Day also means Boxing Day sales, and I also took the opportunity to pick up the new pattern from Pattern Emporium, the Busy Boys Everyday Shorts.

Mr K loves these shorts. They are comfy, have the opportunity for a splash of colour and variety, pockets off the waist band and he can wear them a bit lower off the waist. I made a size eight, which was a good fit (with a touch of room) for my just turned eight year old. The elastic is across the whole waist. Mr K doesn't seem to like shorts with flat fronts and elastic just at the back.

I like that the instructions are clear and easy to follow, the designer has included tips and linked sections in the pdf instructions (so you can jump easily from one section to another). There are many variations available in the one pattern - three lengths, pockets, pocket tabs and hem tabs. The pattern is available in two formats - print at home and large poster size. This will be handy when I need to print out the larger sizes. Oh, and I love that it goes up to size 14, it means that this pattern is good value for money in respect to sizing (goes from size 2 to size 14).

I have tried at least five or six different shorts patterns over the years, and this would have to be my new favourite.

The fabric is printed drill from Spotlight. I had some left in my stash from these shorts.

I made the Jump shorts length (to the knee) and didn't interface the waistband.




No comments: