Saturday, January 23, 2016

A Mother's Heart - first finished knit of 2016

This may be the first finished knit of 2016, but that was just because I had to wait for buttons to arrive. I wasn't really that quick in getting a project off the needles.

This is a cowl using the pattern "A Mother's Heart" by Kate Eades using Colour Adventures wool. I love this wool, it is lovely to knit with, but oh so expensive now our dollar has dropped. I ordered it a couple of years ago through a Ravelry co-op.

The features I like about this cowl are that it has buttons, so I didn't need to knit a large number of stitches in the round. You can leave it unbuttoned and wear as a scarf, or button up and wear as a long cowl, or doubled over. You can also triple it for your child to wear. It was an easy knit and I will definitely knit it again.


No comments: