Tuesday, January 19, 2016

It's an endless summer...endless summer bucket shorts

I am always on the lookout for something a little bit different in boys ' clothing, and I couldn't help myself when I saw the Endless Summer Bucket Shorts by RabbitRabbit.

Described as, "Featuring contrast side panels and waistband; large projected pockets and a slim, yet comfortable fit and professional top to toe construction, these long line shorts will be perfect for Summer adventures."

The Endless Summer Bucket Shorts are designed for light to medium weight woven fabrics and feature twin topstitching.

I used poplin donated to my stash by a friend, together with leftover cotton drill from other projects. As mentioned by the designer, this is the perfect pattern to showcase coordinating fabrics.

The fit for my nine-year old (made size nine) was pretty good. Instructions were clear, although these shorts do take slightly longer than other designs to make because of the curved pockets and top stitching.  Somehow I haven't made the leap to twin needles and I instead do twin topstitching by doing two separate lots of stitching. This, of course, makes it a longer than really necessary project!

Mr K liked the shorts and while he doesn't use the pockets for collecting stones and sticks (yet), they do have a practical element. The shorts come in up to size 12, which means plenty of sizing for my boys and make the pattern a good investment. I can definitely see another pair of these in our future!





No comments: