Monday, December 5, 2016

Style Arc Cara

I finally got on the off the shoulder bandwagon on the Style Arc Cara top.

I was really looking for a top to see me through some hot weather and this fits the brief!

The pattern is a easy sew and didn't take long to tape together the pdf, cut and sew.

The fabric is a lovely cool rayon purchased in Hong Kong (so wish again that I had more!).

The only change to the pattern was adding one inch to the bottom hem. It is not because I am tall, but because I prefer a longer look and less likelihood of showing my midriff.

If I make this again, I will add elastic into the front band and tighten the back elastic a touch.

I'm not exactly comfortable with the off the shoulder feel so I wore a singlet underneath to help ease myself into it.  I did get a comment that I looked "nice" and I did feel rather 'modern'.




No comments: