Monday, June 2, 2008

Update and Sewing #15

We're back from a weekend up at Caloundra. The plan was for Dad, Brett and Kaiden to enjoy a weekend at the coast, playing in the park and the beach while I spent a weekend scrapping at the Scrap with V retreat. So we would all have fun.
Didn't quite go to plan. Dad caught the bad, bad gastro that is going around ending up with a drive to hospital in the early morning hours. Weather was unpleasant, wet and windy with most of the time spent inside. But I did have a good time with the lovely ladies in the group and did do some scrapping although my mojo seemed to be elsewhere. I did a gorgeous class with Kerry using stamping and watercolour pencils. Can't share now as Kerry's original is going to be published but will put up a photo down the track.
I was lucky enough to win the raffle. A huge basket of goodies.
I've finished a couple of more appliques during the week. This one using a free Ottobre pattern.

Kaiden had his first hair cut the other Friday. He sat still like a good boy and didn't mind the attention at all! Kaiden is adding new words every day. His last favourite was "Harrywee" except everyone was "Harrywee" luckily including the dog. Last night he said "lift up" and a bird (or a plane) is a "ba".

2 comments:

Susan C said...

Well done you for winning the hamper of goodies.

Hope you saved a couple of those ginger locks from Kaiden's first haircut. Even if you don't scrap it. You'll look back on it in years to come.

Jodi Dolbel said...

So what was in that awesome hamper.... give me a list!!! LOL I bet it was great. I noticed the big scrap bag in there.....
Your chanllenge should be 5 kilos in 5 weeks!!! But we could allow those extra few weeks... LOL....
You gonna join the challenge... I'll out your name down on the side bar for the challengers shall i???? Another 6 days and the 365 day challengers will go!!!