Friday, March 19, 2010
A simple pair of tracksuit pants, using fabric from my stash purchased from Lincraft. Added a simple trim of mushrooms down the side from The Habby Goddess. I see that they still have some of that twill tape in stock - very tempting! Kaiden helped sew the bottom hem by pressing down the foot pedal to do the overlocking with strict instructions on starting and stopping which he followed to the letter!! I think he will be excited to see the final product.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
The Milo is an easy vest pattern but somewhere I got a little lost and instead I turned it into this....still looks nice especially on our gorgeous boy. It will be great to wear as the weather turns cooler and I added a little extra length to last him through the winter months.
This month he will be SEVEN months, and he ....
* Can nearly sit up by himself unsupported (especially loves it in the bath so he can play with his big brother)
* Loves kicking. If I'm breastfeeding him while on the computer he loves banking his legs on the table and cracking himself up with laughter
* Makes people smile, lots of comments on happy, smiley and gorgeous he is. This guy is a heartbreaker!
* Lots of "talking" bubbly noises and cute laughter.
* Loves his tucker. Has to eat the same food as us, no jar food for this little guy.
* Gives my breast a little massage or rub when he is feeding. He still loves his breastfeeds although they are fairly well spaced out now.
* Can propel himself across the floor at good speed although not crawling. The wooden floors are great for sliding.
Weighs 8 kilos
Head circumference 45cm
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Monday, March 1, 2010
I just knew that my cousin Cheryl would have a special little girl join their family - I was really hoping and even started knitting a cute little dress before the due date in anticipation.....luckily I made the three to six months size because I finished it just in time to mail for the three-month mark! My first foray into bigger knits (well bigger than a beanie or short pants) and I mastered even more techniques this time including knitting into a stitch and mattress stitch. My skills are ever expanding! I can't wait to see little Maisie wearing this.